ComEd 2021 STEM Lab Participation Terms
The ComEd 2021 STEM Lab Hispanic Leadership session (the “Program”) registration begins September 9, 2021 and ends October 1, 2021 ("Registration Period") and is open to Hispanic students who are age 13-18, are currently enrolled in and actively attending high school (grades 9-12) and are legal residents of Illinois as of September 9, 2021 with parent or legal guardian permission to enter and participate, and whose parent, guardian or place of residency has a ComEd account as of September 9, 2021 (“Participant” or “you” “your”). Submissions, as defined below, must be submitted and received no later than October 1, 2021. Persons who are an employee, director, officer or independent contractor in any of the following categories, or are the immediate family member of such person, are NOT eligible to participate in the Program: (a) the Sponsor or its parent companies, subsidiaries, or affiliated companies; (b) any entities participating in the Program; and (c) any entities engaged in the development, production or distribution of Program materials or the prizes. Void outside the state of Illinois and where prohibited.
To participate eligible students must, with their parent/legal guardian’s permission, visit www.comedstemhomelab.com and complete the submission in its entirety including the following steps:
- Provide your full name, date of birth, email address, complete home address, school you attend, grade you are currently in, and whether you participate in any student/community organization;
- Provide your parent/legal guardian’s full name, email address, complete address and phone number;
- Digitally sign by checking the box to indicate that you along with your parent or legal guardian have read, understood and accepted the Participant Confirmation (the “Terms”)
- Upload a photo of yourself only (“Photo”) (Photo must be in JPG or PNG format and must not to exceed 10MB); and
- Click the Submit button (the “Submission”).
Upon successfully submitting a Submission, your parent/legal guardian will be sent an email to the address provided at the time of entry with instructions to confirm that he/she agrees to your participation in the Program and has read, understood and accepted the Terms (the “Parental Approval”). Upon completion of the Parental Approval, eligible Submissions will be considered and processed for attendance in the Program. Parental Approval must be completed no later than October 1, 2021 to be considered as a Participant. Sponsor reserves the right to extend the Submission and/or Parental Approval deadline in its sole discretion. In the event the Submission and/or Parental Approval deadline is extended, Sponsor will determine whether an individual who submitted after October 1, 2021 will be invited to participate in the event.
Once submitted, the Submission becomes the property of the Sponsor, will not be returned and will be used by Sponsor in accordance with these Terms and its policies.
The purpose of the Program is for you to learn about opportunities and careers in STEM. The Program is part of Commonwealth Edison Company’s (“Sponsor”) goal of celebrating Hispanic Heritage month and providing STEM education to students. In consideration of being permitted to participate in this Program, you and your parent/guardian (together a “Participant”) agree to the following by accepting these terms which extend for the period of September 9, 2021 through September 9, 2022 (the “Program Term”).
- You understand and agree that you will be a member of a select group of up to two hundred (200) pre-screened eligible individuals participating in the Program. Sponsor reserves the right to select participants in each Group to ensure the group is reflective of the diverse Chicagoland geography from among all eligible Entries received. Sponsor may choose to select and move forward with the Program with fewer than two hundred (200) student Participants. Each student Participant will attend virtually in a virtual Leadership session on October 2, 2021 (the ”Event“). Times and Event details of the Program will be determined solely by the Sponsor and are subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Participant understands and agrees that each team will have adult “mentors,” who are employees of Sponsor, to virtually assist you during all Program activities and the creation of the Project.
- Participant agrees that the Event will be recorded and agrees to participate in the recording and in interviews for the creation of videos about the Program (“Video(s)”). In consideration for the opportunity to participate in the Program, Participant hereby agrees to the use of his/her name, likeness, background and biographical information, interviews and performance in the Videos and in any other promotional materials created by Sponsor related to the Program without restriction as to manner, duration or frequency of usage, which may include, but will not be limited to, in the Videos, print materials, PR, social media, broadcast television and digital advertising.
- Participant may reference the Program in his/her personal social media accounts, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Snapchat postings and Participant’s personal blogs.
- In consideration of their participation and their release of rights in these Terms, each student Participant will receive a gift box after successful completion (determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) of the Leadership event as described in Section 1. Each gift box has an approximate retail value of $150.
- Participant specifically agrees and acknowledges that all materials created during the Program, including, without limitation, the Project and the Video(s) (collectively, the “Materials”) are hereby assigned to and solely owned by Sponsor under U.S. Copyright law. Participant hereby irrevocably assigns to Sponsor all rights, including, without limitation, copyright, trademarks, patents and trade secret rights in and to Materials, in perpetuity, worldwide, without royalty or further compensation, including, without limitation, any derivative rights and the right to display the Materials, including in the Project in any manner at Sponsor’s discretion, in any media now existing or yet to be invented. Participant waives any right of publicity, attribution, and integrity, including any moral rights Participant may have in the Materials or the Project.
- The Terms and all matters relating to the Terms shall be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois, without reference to choice of laws principles.
- If any provision of the Terms is held invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will remain in effect. The Terms may not be amended or assigned except in a writing signed by both parties. If an assignment occurs, the assignment will not relieve the assigning party of its liabilities and obligations under the Terms. A waiver by either party of any of the terms and conditions of the Terms in one or more instances will not constitute a permanent waiver of the term or condition.
- If, for any reason, the Program cannot be run as planned, including infection by computer virus or bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, Act of God or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the operation, administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Program, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) modify the Program or suspend the Program to address the impairment and then resume the Program in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Terms; and/or (b) terminate or cancel the Program.
- Force Majeure/Delays: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Terms, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any Participant or Submission with these Terms, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Program as contemplated in these Terms, or for any other reason. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Terms and disclosures or other statements contained in any Program-related materials, including, but not limited to the Sponsor’s website and/or point of sale, television, and print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Terms shall prevail, govern and control.
THE SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THIS PROGRAM CANNOT BE ADMINISTERED OR CONDUCTED OR ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS RESULTING OR ARISING FROM ACTS OF GOD, WAR, OR TERRORISM, CIVIL UNREST, STRIKES, SUPPLY SHORTAGES, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, EPIDEMICS, COMPLIANCE WITH ANY LAW OR ORDER OF A GOVERNMENTAL AUTHORITY, OR ANY OTHER SIMILAR ACT, EVENT, OR OCCURENCE BEYOND THE REASONABLE CONTROL OF THE SPONSOR (“FORCE MAJEURE EVENTS”). Without limitation to Sponsor’s other rights set forth in this Agreement, Sponsor hereby retains the right (in its sole discretion) to suspend, modify and/or terminate the Program in the event that completion of the Program is prevented or interrupted because of such Force Majeure Events. Notwithstanding the foregoing, no termination hereunder shall affect Sponsor’s rights under these Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect.
- These Terms are the complete final and exclusive agreement between the parties and supersedes any prior oral or written agreement concerning the subject matter.